Monday, June 4, 2012

My Girls and the Bra Whisperer!

For years I have had a love/hate relationship with my girls. I call them my girls not my breasts and definitely not my tits. It all started after college when they continued to grow and grow making me feel weighed down and completely out of proportion. With every small pound gained or lost it seemed that my boobs would hold on steady. As an active person, I was constantly wearing sports bras to keep them flat and slightly hidden but I  suffered from back, shoulder, and neck pain. 


I spent a lot of time and a lot of money going to various department stores to try to find the "right bra." For years, I wore the same size and even the same brand because that’s how I am. If it works buy it in three colors but still they never seemed quite right. 


I was introduced to Iris Lingerie through a friend who also shares the big boob gene. She told me that Iris was her go to woman for the right bra so I went down to see what was cooking in the secret sauce. I was greeted by the lovable, cheery Iris Clarke. I told her that I was pretty sure I was a 34DD and she eye balled the girls and called out to her assistant to bring out the first bra for me to try. Much to my horror it didn’t fit. The girls were not even close to fitting in this bra. What? I was dumbfounded but I’ve been wearing this size forever. So we try another one, then another one, and then another one and finally the girls sat snugly in a much, much bigger size. I was defeated, shocked, and mildly horrified. I mean I knew they were big but DAYUM on my 135lbs frame that just seemed laughable. I decided to call myself Butch Barbie but Iris was not horrified she thought it was great and told me they were beautiful. I rolled my eyes. I dropped $100 bucks on one black and one nude because seriously what else does a butch need?


I walked out of the salon with the perkiest boobs ever. When Susan Herr of Dapper Q and I got started talking about segments to produce, I knew that this had to be the first one. Feeling comfortable in your body might take a lifetime for some of us but at least you can start by getting the girls fitted right.

Check out the video of our trip to Iris Lingerie!



No comments:

Post a Comment